- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Feeders - Allen McIntosh - Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Pneumatic Conveying - Bill Fucich - Volkmann Inc.
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Screening & Classifying - Manfred Bruckner - J. Engelsmann AG
- Storage - Keith McGuire, P.E. - CST Storage
- Valves, Gates, & Airlocks - Megan Thompson - ACS Valves
- How does one convey powders, in dense phase, under vacuum?
Powder transfer is a difficult business given the wide variety of products and differing conditions under which transfer has to ... read more - December 23rd, 2014
Answered by: Bill Fucich
- I have a 16-in. diam by 18-ft long transfer screw conveyor in my plant convey...
Excellent question! Your problem is not uncommon and there are solutions to prevent this problem from reoccurring. Most bulk mat... read more - November 25th, 2014
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- For dry powder blending, when is agitation required compared to simple tumble...
Powders that flow freely generally never require agitation and blend well with gentle tumbling action. Agitation is normally nee... read more - December 10th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- During the processing of solid hexamine we go thru a phase in which the mater...
While indoor mechanical venting and mechanical isolation systems would not be an option, there are suppression systems that migh... read more - January 26th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- I read a piece on cement dust and was interested in the possibility of quanti...
Cement dust is reported in public literature as being non-explosible and as such it is unlikely that the explosion you are refer... read more - March 17th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- Presently we are drying powder, micronizing the dried powder, and sifting the...
The problem you describe with a changing particle size distribution after pneumatic conveying is not uncommon, though its cause ... read more - March 9th, 2015
Answered by: Eric Maynard
- In submitting requests for quotes to metal silo manufactures for my plant exp...
As with many industries, silo design and manufacturing is a competitive business. All reputable silo manufacturers customize the... read more - January 23rd, 2015
Answered by: Keith McGuire, P.E.
- We are presently using a Witte style classifier for PE custom compounds; the ...
A long-stroke granular screener with an air vent hat works for that application. So you blow in cold air at the bottom of the cl... read more - December 19th, 2014
Answered by: Manfred Bruckner
- How can I prevent my rotary airlock from leaking air?
Rotary airlocks don’t seal perfectly. Because of the way a rotary airlock valve is designed, it’s normal for a small amount ... read more - March 12th, 2015
Answered by: Megan Thompson
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: