- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Dust Collection - Diane Cave, P.Eng - EPM Consulting
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Silos and Storage Tanks - Keith McGuire, P.E. - CST Storage
- Valves, Gates, & Airlocks - Megan Thompson - ACS Valves
- We have two silos of pigments - one is Bayferrox yellow and another is Cathay...
The flow characteristics of bulk materials can vary greatly and depend on the design of the silos and transitions to the weigh h... read more - October 20th, 2015
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- For dry powder blending, when is agitation required compared to simple tumble...
Powders that flow freely generally never require agitation and blend well with gentle tumbling action. Agitation is normally nee... read more - December 10th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- Is there any specific cyclone design guidelines that you recommend to use?
There are many theories out there on how to design cyclones, and there are still many people and labs working on new theories. T... read more - September 18th, 2015
Answered by: Diane Cave, P.Eng
- During the processing of solid hexamine we go thru a phase in which the mater...
While indoor mechanical venting and mechanical isolation systems would not be an option, there are suppression systems that migh... read more - January 26th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- Where can I find a comprehensive list for Kst Pmax values for food ingredient...
NFPA 61 (Standard for the prevention of Fires and Dust Explosions in Agricultural and Food Processing Facilities) lists the expl... read more - September 24th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- I have supplied a conveying and cooling system for coated calcium carbonate (...
Your question is quite involved, and I will introduce several situations that may be the cause of poor system performance.
- We plan to add a number of metal silos to our facility. Our insurance provide...
There are a wide range of materials transported, conveyed, and stored in silos that can produce dust explosions and fires. Publi... read more - August 17th, 2015
Answered by: Keith McGuire, P.E.
- On an 8 in. rotary valve the leakage is increasing over a period of time. At ...
Depending on the abrasion-resistant options on the valve, yes, the air leakage would increase over time due to internal wear. O... read more - April 22nd, 2015
Answered by: Megan Thompson
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: