- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Feeders - Allen McIntosh - Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Screening & Classifying - Manfred Bruckner - J. Engelsmann AG
- Weighing Systems & Scales - Jim Rodina - Sartorius
- I have a 16-in. diam by 18-ft long transfer screw conveyor in my plant convey...
Excellent question! Your problem is not uncommon and there are solutions to prevent this problem from reoccurring. Most bulk mat... read more - November 25th, 2014
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- For dry powder blending, when is agitation required compared to simple tumble...
Powders that flow freely generally never require agitation and blend well with gentle tumbling action. Agitation is normally nee... read more - December 10th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- When you must use a Ta burst disc, what metallurgy do you recommend for the r...
A rupture disc and holder are one safety/relief system. As such, all “wedded” parts should be made of the same or similar me... read more - December 11th, 2014
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- Does talcum powder become explosive if flooded with high percentage oxygen as...
According to various public references (Merck Index and NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards), talc is hydrous magnesium silic... read more - December 16th, 2014
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- We tried conveying fumed silica into a tank with a bucket elevator. No luck c...
You have indicated that you are handling fumed silica, which is a very fine, and low bulk density material. We often see fumed s... read more - September 24th, 2014
Answered by: Eric Maynard
- In this application, a one part adhesive is dispensed onto a plate (4 in. dia...
Based on the information provided it would appear this actually needs both a weighing element and a vision element. You can chec... read more - July 15th, 2014
Answered by: Jim Rodina
- We are presently using a Witte style classifier for PE custom compounds; the ...
A long-stroke granular screener with an air vent hat works for that application. So you blow in cold air at the bottom of the cl... read more - December 19th, 2014
Answered by: Manfred Bruckner
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: