- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Dust Collection - Diane Cave, P.Eng - EPM Consulting
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Screening & Classifying - Manfred Bruckner - J. Engelsmann AG
- Silo and Tank Storage - Keith McGuire, P.E. - CST Storage
- Valves, Gates, & Airlocks - Megan Thompson - ACS Valves
- I have a 16-in. diam by 18-ft long transfer screw conveyor in my plant convey...
Excellent question! Your problem is not uncommon and there are solutions to prevent this problem from reoccurring. Most bulk mat... read more - November 25th, 2014
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- For dry powder blending, when is agitation required compared to simple tumble...
Powders that flow freely generally never require agitation and blend well with gentle tumbling action. Agitation is normally nee... read more - December 10th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- Why does air to cloth ratio matter?
Air to cloth ratio (ACR) is the relationship between the air flow (CFM or m3/s) of air going through the filter media... read more - June 25th, 2015
Answered by: Diane Cave, P.Eng
- During the processing of solid hexamine we go thru a phase in which the mater...
While indoor mechanical venting and mechanical isolation systems would not be an option, there are suppression systems that migh... read more - January 26th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- We have very large dust collectors located at our plant. They are located out...
The area surrounding the airlock/dust collector will most likely be “non-classified” only if the rotary valve discharges int... read more - June 9th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- I have supplied a conveying and cooling system for coated calcium carbonate (...
Your question is quite involved, and I will introduce several situations that may be the cause of poor system performance.
- We plan to add a number of metal silos to our facility. Our insurance provide...
There are a wide range of materials transported, conveyed, and stored in silos that can produce dust explosions and fires. Publi... read more - August 17th, 2015
Answered by: Keith McGuire, P.E.
- We are presently using a Witte style classifier for PE custom compounds; the ...
A long-stroke granular screener with an air vent hat works for that application. So you blow in cold air at the bottom of the cl... read more - December 19th, 2014
Answered by: Manfred Bruckner
- On an 8 in. rotary valve the leakage is increasing over a period of time. At ...
Depending on the abrasion-resistant options on the valve, yes, the air leakage would increase over time due to internal wear. O... read more - April 22nd, 2015
Answered by: Megan Thompson
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: