- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Packaging & Bagging - Douglas L. Howell - Premier Tech Chronos / STONEPAK
- I have two round silos with cone shaped bottoms sitting side-by-side. I store...
The configuration you have proposed has been attempted many times with limited success. It is very difficult to meter bulk mater... read more - August 1st, 2013
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- We have a process where we manually fill a sleeve with a blend of granular ac...
The process you describe, filling a cylinder from the bottom up, is similar to a filling process in bagging called bottom-up fil... read more - November 5th, 2013
Answered by: Douglas L. Howell
- What equipment requirements change when building equipment for ATEX zone 22 v...
Essentially, the European ATEX Zone 22 is defined as an area in which, under normal circumstances, dangerous and combustible c... read more - July 30th, 2013
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- We have to transfer ammonium perchlorate (200 and 20 microns) from the origin...
Ammonium perchlorate is a strong oxidizer. The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires it to be shipped as either a 5.1 (Oxi... read more - October 28th, 2013
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: