- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Weighing Systems & Scales - Jim Rodina - Sartorius
- I am working on a project with part of the process to transport ground lime f...
A screw feeder is the most preferred way to meter ground limestone to a paddle mixer. Screw feeders can be designed to be totall... read more - July 24th, 2014
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- Can you make a discharge station that will work with my bins even if they wer...
Yes, many times we make our fill/discharge stations to accommodate a wide variety of bins from other manufacturers. The critical... read more - February 13th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- How prevalent is the application of explosion venting in electrostatic precip...
Electrostatic precipitators are not typically used with combustible materials. In some rare cases in which traces of combusti... read more - July 3rd, 2014
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- We are planning to line a silo with a new coating of epoxy. The supplier was ...
Electrically insulating coatings with a breakdown voltage greater than about 4 KV, if adequately charged, could give rise to pro... read more - July 22nd, 2014
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- My bulk material can have variable properties – what factors could be influ...
Bulk solids can alter their behavior depending upon a wide variety of factors. Key factors that often affect material properties... read more - August 28th, 2014
Answered by: Eric Maynard
- In this application, a one part adhesive is dispensed onto a plate (4 in. dia...
Based on the information provided it would appear this actually needs both a weighing element and a vision element. You can chec... read more - July 15th, 2014
Answered by: Jim Rodina
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: