- Combustible Dust & Static Electricity - Dr. Vahid Ebadat - Chilworth Technology, Inc.
- Dust Collection - Diane Cave, P.Eng - EPM Consulting
- Explosion Venting/Suppression - Dr. Gerd Mayer - Rembe, Inc.
- Mechanical Conveying - Bill Mecke, P.E. - KWS
- Mixing & Blending - Bob Luebbe - Custom Powder Systems
- Powder Flow - Eric Maynard - Jenike & Johanson
- Silos and Storage Tanks - Keith McGuire, P.E. - CST Storage
- Valves, Gates, & Airlocks - Megan Thompson - ACS Valves
- We have two silos of pigments - one is Bayferrox yellow and another is Cathay...
The flow characteristics of bulk materials can vary greatly and depend on the design of the silos and transitions to the weigh h... read more - October 20th, 2015
Answered by: Bill Mecke, P.E.
- For dry powder blending, when is agitation required compared to simple tumble...
Powders that flow freely generally never require agitation and blend well with gentle tumbling action. Agitation is normally nee... read more - December 10th, 2014
Answered by: Bob Luebbe
- Currently we are collecting dust and fumes from a process that laser cuts adh...
There could be many different things going on here. One - as stated it could be the adhesive on the paper. This could be he... read more - February 11th, 2016
Answered by: Diane Cave, P.Eng
- We work with several difference powders in the pharmaceutical manufacturing i...
In theory, this seems to be the true. And, yes, if you have total control of all aspects of the process and can control the dust... read more - December 7th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Gerd Mayer
- Where can I find a comprehensive list for Kst Pmax values for food ingredient...
NFPA 61 (Standard for the prevention of Fires and Dust Explosions in Agricultural and Food Processing Facilities) lists the expl... read more - September 24th, 2015
Answered by: Dr. Vahid Ebadat
- I am currently facing some challenges with our product. We supply a stearic ...
As I understand it from your question, you handle a very fine powder and you are experiencing bulk density variations during han... read more - February 9th, 2016
Answered by: Eric Maynard
- We plan to add a number of metal silos to our facility. Our insurance provide...
There are a wide range of materials transported, conveyed, and stored in silos that can produce dust explosions and fires. Publi... read more - August 17th, 2015
Answered by: Keith McGuire, P.E.
- On an 8 in. rotary valve the leakage is increasing over a period of time. At ...
Depending on the abrasion-resistant options on the valve, yes, the air leakage would increase over time due to internal wear. O... read more - April 22nd, 2015
Answered by: Megan Thompson
Do you have a question related to dry processing and solids handling? Ask the Experts at Powder/Bulk Solids (PBS)! PBS experts are on hand to offer industry- and application-specific advice on these topics: